Tuesday, April 16, 2013

An Emerald Rainbow

By Hazel Holland


"Immediately I was in the Spirit; and behold a throne set in heaven, and
One sat  on the throne.  And He who sat there was like a jasper and
 sardius stone in  appearance,  and there was a rainbow around
the throne, in appearance  like an emerald."  Rev. 4:3

For days now I haven't been able to get the idea out of my head of painting an emerald rainbow.  I know in Revelation 4, John describes a rainbow that he saw around the throne that looked like an emerald.  He further describes the appearance of the One who sat on the throne as being like a jasper and a sardius stone.

What a beautiful description of Jesus Christ, the One who is the Living Stone. It seems to me that the red stones may represent His blood that was given to redeem us.  And perhaps the emerald rainbow around the throne is a symbol of eternal life, and how God faithfully keeps His promises to us.







No comments:

Post a Comment