Saturday, November 12, 2011

Going Through Deep Waters

By Hazel Holland


Like the other water color paintings that I've recently shared from my past, I also painted this one at a time in my life when I felt like I was going to drown in my grief.

But as I began to paint this picture I remembered the following words of Scripture: "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you" (Isaiah 43:2).

Although it felt like I was not able to breathe, I did. Although it felt like I was going to drown, I didn't. Although I felt helpless and hopeless and didn't know how I was going to be able to keep my head above water, the Lord became my strength and held my head high. He lifted me up out of the pit and placed my feet on firm ground. He brought me out into the spacious place of His heart where there was plenty of room for me to learn to begin to trust in His love...

(You might notice that I signed my last name as "Lonberg" in this painting... that was before I had my name changed back to what it is now).

No comments:

Post a Comment