Wednesday, May 8, 2013

A Woodland Wonder

By Hazel Holland

This is a watercolor that I painted while I was confined to a TB hospital in Kalamazoo, Michigan for two months... many years ago.  Apparently I got a fungus in my lungs that looked like TB, but thankfully wasn't.

In order to lift my spirits and forge
t about the fact that I was wearing a mask over my nose and mouth 24/7, I escaped into the wonderful world of art where I was free to roam the woodland and joyfully take in the wonders of God's creation.

Now as I look back on that dark time in my life I am amazed that I painted a watercolor that reflects such lightness and joy... I hope it will remind you of how God is with you throughout your moments of darkness and doubt, and wants you to see His reflection in all the circumstances of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment