Wednesday, August 14, 2013

In His Garden

By Hazel Holland

I painted this impressionistic watercolor using wet colored tissue paper, water soluble wax crayons, and watercolor pencils.  After letting the colors bleed into one another, I later edited it to create this batik-like effect. 

As I was doing this I was reminded of the time twelve years ago when I felt impressed by the Spirit to make a prayer garden out of my back yard.  As I worked tirelessly in my garden to make it a place of beauty and sanctuary for others, I learned how to enter into His Garden where the “work” has already been done. 

As I entered by faith into the “rest” of His grace I found that it's a place where no “work” is allowed.  That's because in His Garden the “work” is already finished!  I learned that the only thing left for me to do is to enjoy sweet fellowship with Him as I hear Him calling me upon the gentle wind of His Spirit to enter more fully into the “rest” that he has already provided... Himself! 

To see a larger copy of this art print click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment