Saturday, April 28, 2012

You Hold Me

By Hazel Holland


"I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made."
 Psalm 139:13

I began to paint this watercolor four years ago, six months before my first grandson, Jakey, was born... in fact even before I knew he was going to be a boy!  I was compelled to paint God holding him in the palm of His hand... in the womb and also as a little boy.  But I didn't know why.

Although I had so much joy painting him, I never got the painting finished.  Then I was too embarrassed to share it with anyone because it was... well, incomplete.  I was afraid that people would ask me why I painted God holding two baby boys.

Now another grandson is on the way, and he will arrive by C-Section on Monday, April 30!  We are all so excited about having another baby boy!  Jakey can hardly wait to see and hold his new baby brother...

Now the picture I painted four years ago can come out of hiding!  God had plans for Jakey and his baby brother long before they were ever born.  That's why I know He will continue to hold
them safely in the palm of His loving hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment