Friday, January 18, 2008

Trumpet at His Lips!

By Hazel Holland


"For the Lord Himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first" (1Thess. 4:16).

I was compelled by the Spirit to paint this watercolor a couple of months ago on the day of my step-mom's funeral (11/26/07).  I wanted to bring hope and comfort to my dad, and step-sister, and her family after my step-mom, Mary, died from a stroke, followed by a heart attack while eating a Thanksgiving meal the day before Thanksgiving!

You can imagine the shock and grief in the timing of our unexpected loss...  Amazingly, painting this brought me out of my own depression over my family's grief and into His sweet presence.

(This is the first watercolor painting I painted in the Spirit from a vision that I received in 1995 while worshiping at a Cleansing Streams Weekend Retreat).

No comments:

Post a Comment